About the THU Meetup and Studies







































Hey guys,

You can find Images and study examples on the bottom of this post. :)

I've been in Berlin for the THU meetup and this was really my first time seeing as many artists in one place... for real in real life. It was an eye-opening experience. It is all true what they say, but its way better to witness this awesomeness in person.

Well, I made a Portfolio Book brought it and got incredible feedback from all over the place. It was the best thing I could have done I think.
When I talked to Even Amundsen, he was really positive and he asked me what I wanted to do and I was kind of dumbfound. I just said "I want to do my own Projects."  Which is true, (I really want to do my Neverland and Mushroom Samurai stories) yet "to do my own stuff" is incredibly broad and feels somewhat narcissistic now. Considering that I don't have professional working experience. (Check out my online portfolio michael-loos.com)
And then the words which I almost always say, when confronted with this "what do you want to do" Question, tumbled out of my mouth.
"I always wanted to work for Magic" and "Does Blizzard hire 2D-Character-designers/Illustrators for freelance?"
because I love MTG and Blizzard.
Those two  always were my "Go to" examples of the quality I wanted to achieve, because they seemed so big, formidable and worth the effort and I kind of knew that most people would know them.

So over the Course of the Evening I felt better and better showing people my stuff. I met buddies I only knew from hangouts and Chats (Shout out to Mathias & Till) and as I said before. I definitely need more of it.
So here are some resulting Goals from that weekend.

One of my goals now is to go to even more events like this. Like real workshops and meet more awesome people like Diego, Geoffrey, Even, Reiko, Jennifer and all the amazing peeps I've met there, sorry for all you nice people I might have forgot. Ahh and special thanks to Anne for some really important advice she gave me beforehand.
The next Goal is that I want to get to the next level. Specifically I want to focus on drawing and anatomy now. Getting all my muscles and Bones down. And also to develop a dependable workflow/rhythm.
And last but probably the biggest of all: Get those MTG Jobs and do a really amazing work on them. For this I will make 5 fictional Card Illustrations with a little back-story, to add to my portfolio.

Those were the things I came up with, when I thought about where I was headed.
I want to give weekly updates on those 5 Card illustrations. I don't quite know how these updates should look. Probably Sketches and works in Progress or maybe teasers. What do u guys think?
Well. Thanks for reading.


Have a Great one Guys ;)


In the Past couple of weeks I've been asked how much I draw. And well I really do draw everyday. Not always the same stuff since I'm still looking for a cool way to do it. But mostly I draw Gestures and fun stuff from imagination just to get drawing. Those sessions go from at the very least 30 Minutes to 3 Hours(including the anatomy studies.
I'm not counting Personal projects or works.
Here in the beginning you see an example of how I study anatomy.(There is way more) ^^ It definitely has some flaws like the count of vertebrae in the thoracic section, but that stuff is what learning is about, right?

For the moment I'm finished with the Torso.

And here are some gestures and fun drawings. Please do tell if they are not enjoyable like this, in this format.


to render or not to render ...



Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

Day 21"The other Sirene" progress and rant

Day 200 Review

Day 366 One year has passed - review