Something important

Hi All,
As i jumped across youtube yesterday searching for tutorials on how to paint, i came across some very awesome Site, which, if you have a little idea of drawing, might get you a lot further. The Link:
http://www.youtube.com/user/FZDSCHOOL

However, I watched quite a few tutorials from Feng, a professional concept artist who worked on Starwars and movies alike. I analysed it, took as much in as possible, and started a little study today. I came up with a way to start a conceptual aproach to my work. I will have to develop this thing further, yet its a start, that can be of use. So here they are:

 I started with a lose scribble as first step.After that I drew, a more accurate linework on a new layer with higher opacity.
Having this base I went over to the next step. Finding the Horizon. The red lines are perspective lines and the green one is the horizon. They are not needed for the later concept, yet they are really useful to check the scale of the subject and acuracy of the stance. They also might help to understand the mass of this Object, they are discribing.
After the perspective grid was done, i went over to a mass skeleton. It shows the mass of this Charakter and gives the impression that he is a 3D Object.
This is, in my opinion, a good practice, once you understand this fairly well, the 3rd Step wont be necessary anymore. Step 2 and 3 are matters of checking, if the lines of the concept you're drawing is correct.











This is nothing fancy, yet it is the essence, the base of what comes later.
These studies are really helpful to understand mass and figure, plus they don't take much time. It is also a fresh way of getting to where I wana be. The last few weeks I felt like I was stuck with my pencil and photoshop studys, like I had a goal but no path to it. I'm happy to be over that, Thx Feng :)

Have a greate day guys.

;)

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

Day 21"The other Sirene" progress and rant

Day 200 Review

Day 366 One year has passed - review