Deathline Challenge - accepted

Hi there!
Its time to get my old slogan back running. (The song text of Daft Punks "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger")

I accepted the Crimson Daggers "Deathline Challenge". The idea behind this challenge is to set up three insane goals for yourself and work 365 days to reach them.

These are mine:
1. To paint 48 awesome Paintings, giving my all. Doing so, I want to achieve a better, healthyer technique in any media I use right now (digital, Graphite, Oils and a little watercolor too). (Studies are not included to match this goal)
2. To enforce Happyness of mind and body. This will be achieved through sports, healty and tasty food, and meeting up with friends, to share time. :)
3. To write a chapter of my Novel each month. Yea I'm finaly doing it right. It took me this long (3 years) to realize that i just have to sit down and just do it to get it done one day. Now is the time I'm confident to match my own expactations.

Here, this is the first of my 48 awesome Paintings.
Agyptian Death Monger
The death monger. At first it started as an happy accident speedpainting, but when I liked it so much, i just had to push it to its fullest. This is a painting done purely from my imagination, no reffrences.
This Guy is no Priest of course, but his gods gave him demigodlike powers, for trading death for the lifes of those who angered them.
(I made that up right now)
However, I can't think back to a painting rendered as far as this one. This is the very best i can do right now. I went like crazy on the golden shoulderpad not to mention the freaking neck decoration, trying to remember anything i know about metal and gold.













And here some other things, I did the last week.
Character sketch for my novel 2hrs
Another character sketch


cup and small tomatos - oil
Teetime :)




























To get better in my art and anatomy skills, i just bought some new books. Which will accompany me evrywhere i can take them from now. My Charakters still have some of those Manga flaws in them, those need to be terminated. So I can chose to draw awesome manga or awesome real world anatomy.

















Studying multiple anatomy books, will make the comprehension easyer, give more options and thus will make studying more fun.
The ones below are actually pretty cheap.


Now this is some huge entry. I will get one coming each week to share my Death Challenge progress.

Thanks for patient reading.
Have a nice nice one, til next week :)
bye bye



Kommentare

  1. Hard work pays off! I don't even dare to look at your very first attempts at painting digitally :D
    There's already been a lot of improvement, and I'm looking forward to what that next year may bring!

    AntwortenLöschen

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

Day 21"The other Sirene" progress and rant

Day 200 Review

Day 366 One year has passed - review