First Week of 2015 (since Monday5th)

Actually I wanted to talk about my never-land project, but looking at the whole thing now, it is evolving and changing to rapidly. Also I need to produce some portfolio pieces and these might now necessarily be suited for that.

Well I said I'd make a big blog-post so here it comes anyway. :)

I had an incredible start into the year, but look down to see for yourself or visit my daily drawing game blogs: dailydrawinggame.tumblr.com / dailydrawinggame.blogspot.com
Or instagram: http://instagram.com/michael.loos/
There you will find more digital sketches and more mixed media.

This week I started out with insect studies, because I feel the organic design and subject matter, will benefit me greatly, when I start to buckle down and pump out the designs for my Neverland project.

Doing these studies I found, how little I actually used and engaged my brain in the learning process.
It was much like trying to push something through a narrow slit.
It got quite a bit wider with the following concept. "The more you learn, the more you can learn."

I also found, and this is almost ludicrously simple, that knowing the names of things is essential.
If you don't know what something is, you need sentences to describe it, so it loses tangible form in your mind.
It is f.e. not just the darker shadow-area where two forms meet, it is the occlusion shadow and so on.
Having names for things makes you aware of them and gives your mind a concept to hold on to.
And well this is what I learned to love this week. :)

Here are my studies. I love to experiment a lot with varying mediums, too keep it interesting but see for yourselves.

The strong Ink-sketches are done with a fat permanent marker. Draws quit interesting shapes but I'll need to get a better hang of it. :)


small gestures 30secs, big ones 60

Those are Gestures ranging from 30secs to 60secs to 2 minutes.









Those are my studies I did next to those gestures. Getting into insects and compositions and those kinds of things. I found that it helps a lot to learn, when you investigate nature and try to observe things from diffrent angles, while making sketches.
These are by no means accurate. Here i just want to understand the forms and construction from a design standpoint. I'll dig deeper later.
Also I feel fancy with my markers. :D





and one last 30 sec portrait sketch.


Cheers guys!
Have a great week!

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

Day 21"The other Sirene" progress and rant

Day 200 Review

Day 366 One year has passed - review