Keep moving forward

stage1
stage2

Some  important lesson in my life i came across a couple of times. If something gives u a hard time, walk through that time, if you can't do something against it. To keep moving is what brings u better times, so I've learned in my 9 month of millitary service and that applies just now to my Situation.
I had this Huge oil Painting, and thought i ruined it. But watch for yourself.



On the drawing above i was still very energetic, with the colorwash next to it, too, but then it started at some point about an houre befor stage 3. My brushes weren't fit to lay in the Details. I was so frustrated, because the face sucked, then I kept finding more and more mistakes, the right arm to long, the left arm in akward position, the Hand was almost all wrong, legs anatomically not correct nor in perspectiv. I backed up and desiceded to leave it. After 2 Days of being anoyed by this piece of Junk I got back to it and added the hood, it looked good with the mediocre face gone i was finally able to get back to work. In Stage 4, the for now finished result i can finally live with.
I also learned damn much how oil behaves and how Brushes do in the last 6 hours of this piece.
If you want to go for fine detail, dont go for oil brushes, the hair is to thick and strong. You should try a normal synthetic brush of size 2 or 3. For the colour matter. Controle of value and of medium is curcial. If the paint medium mixture gets muddy on canvas or on your mixingtablett you should try and clean it somehow to stay in controle as much as possible.
So to wrap it up, there is no point in giving up on something. If you fail, I mean if you fall you have got to stand up and eventually you will earn what you yearned for.
Well thats it for today, and all you guys remember. Keep moving forward. :)

Have a nice one :)



stage 4
stage 3

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

Day 21"The other Sirene" progress and rant

Day 200 Review

Day 366 One year has passed - review